Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Highlights from Halloween 2008:

M.s costume was a hit. Frank the bunny from Donnie Darko. I went as a vampire, and I looked decent, but my fangs fell off after about 3 drinks, so I was just a girl in black with blood on her face. Oh well. No good pics of me, but everyone else came out nice.


Conveniently, there was a hole in his mask so he could fit a cocktail straw through. Nice going, costume manufacturer! I love it when thinkers are also drinkers.

Radley was a little skele-dog, and he took to his costume rather quickly. It glows in the dark, so his evening walk around the block made all the trick or treaters happy.


Instead of a large pumpkin, I went for two mini pumpkins this year. Cheap and not as heavy. Since I walk to the grocery store, I have to remember to keep track of the weight of my groceries.

There is a bizarre rental home down the street from us that has a 6 foot tall bunny rabbit in the front yard. All year. When M. moved to this neighborhood, it was around Easter so I thought it was a particularly festive family, but it is still there 4 years later. It's big pink eyes seem to follow you when you walk past. Renters have come and gone, but this family gets into the spirit and makes the bunny up for Halloween. This is totally normal right?


Our Halloween plans were basically to get dressed up and go to the bar. There were some amazing costumes and costume-related moments. Bartender Josh was Freddie Mercury:


One of my favorite moments? Watching an awesome guy dressed as Sarah Palin have a political conversation with The Mario Brothers. What? They are plumbers, right? Don't worry, she had an Obama sticker on her pocket. Even she knows which one is the winning ticket.

Another memorable moment was when I saw a fellow vampire. I said "Nice costume" and he started to talk to me in another language. Apparently the dude was actually from Transylvania! I told him I was just an LA vampire, and he replied that I was probably much scarier.

Other good costumes:

Bill the Butcher

Molly Ringwald's character from Pretty in Pink

Amy Winehouse (with totally replicated tattoos)

Bloody bees. I don't know what they were about. Two gals in bee costumes covered in drippy blood. Does anyone know what that is? I figured it was some independent film reference or something. I guess I don't watch enough independent films.

The Joker dressed as the nurse from The Dark Knight

This year's holiday was highly anticipated, and I think we had a good time. I am going to turn my house back to normal now. At least until Chrismukkah.

No comments:

Post a Comment