Thursday, December 4, 2008

Twilight Movie

I caved and finally saw Twilight today. I read the books this summer and haven't reread them or anything, so I was in a good place to get a sense of the movie. I didn't think it made a good vampire movie. I like my vampires with fangs. These did not. They didn't in the book either, but I think I gave them fangs anyway in my mind. They were super pale and cold and all that, but without fangs, not a vampire! I thought the book had some humor in it, but the movie was all drama and intense brooding looks. Also, I just remember wishing that Bella owned a brush.
There was a really good snippet of a scene where Bella has a dream that Edward is feeding on her like in an old vampire movie. It was the best scene! Robert Pattison, not the Edward I had in my mind at all. But I liked what he did with the role.

Should you see it?

If you read the book, or if you are a teenage girl, or would like to relive what it was like to be a teenage girl, you should see it. If you don't want to watch ridiculously beautiful teenagers stare awkwardly at each other and stammer in the foggy Pacific Northwest, don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment