Saturday, February 21, 2009

Can I move here?

I got a bunch done yesterday, but it was such a hard day for writing. I don't know why, but I would start these long sections and then get to the end and not have a way to connect them to the thesis. I couldn't remember why I went down the road in the first place. And I hate not having transitions in place as I'm writing, so I just got very frustrated and had to take a couple breaks. I made some headway on another chapter though, so that's good. This one was a "from scratch" chapter too. But I feel behind. Mostly because I set these unreasonable goals for myself. But still. I want at least two chapters that I can hand in to my committee next week. I hope I can make it happen. Today is the day, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I took a walk around 3pm to get coffee and clear my head. It was worth it, but I still didn't figure a way to link that section I worked so hard on. Maybe today. I did notice on my walk that rent in this city is out of control. Here is one for rent sign that actually seemed reasonable:

"Beautiful 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, March 1st, $2975."

Every time I come here, I want to move here.

In the evening, I met up with CW & Tiny Heat. CW is a friend of M's from college, so that's how I found Tiny Heat's blog. Her blog was/is so funny that it inspired me to start doing this one, and you all are paying the price! Seriously though, we developed an online friendship so it was nice to finally meet in person. She's awesome, as expected. Any friend of CW's is a friend of mine.

We went to a great pasta place where I had eggplant lasagne. And I stuck to my diet pretty good. I ate all the vegetables, I didn't eat the whole thing (so unlike me), and I didn't have dessert. So afterward we went out for cocktails. So what? Tiny Heat's friend met up with us at dinner and joined me in a cocktail after. Even her friends are nice.


So now it's back to the grindstone. Sometimes I don't know if I'm going up, or coming down.


But I do know this: If I don't finish this thing, I will hate myself. Unless someone wants to offer me a job that will make all those feelings (and loans) go away? Anyone? No? Ok, then. I will get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment