Sunday, May 3, 2009

The War Within

There's a colicky baby downstairs that is doing a good job of reminding me what side I'm on in the War of Ovarian Aggression. She's been crying for about 45 minutes straight, which is impressive for someone who really just learned how to use her outside-of-womb voice. It's echoing through the alley and up to my window as I grade papers. I believe I just heard the mom say something like "I don't know what else to do," with such resignation that I am sending a little prayer to the patron saint of sweet silences. Saint Silencio, I will call him.

I bought my friend Mark some baby things this weekend at Lil Devils Baby Boutique here in Long Beach:

A "Hospital Take Out" gift box

It comes in a little Chinese take-out box.

Pearly Gray sells them on Etsy if you want your own. They come in fun prints. This is space boy, but I got cowboys for Mark's baby.

This awesome Suck It onesie you can find at Bambina Mia

M chose that one, and it really went over well!

I went to the store specifically for this onesie that I saw the last time I was there (on a reconnaissance mission, of course):

But when I went back, they didn't have it out anymore. Luckily there was one left in the sale bin. The owner was telling me that several straight couples have come in to purchase this (with kid in tow), I guess not realizing the "s" on the end of "dads."

Anyway, an awesome set of gifts for a cool couple, who hosted a night of Wii bowling, homemade flautas made with soy crumbles that were really, really good, and we topped it off with cocktails.

Dude, Wii is out of control fun. I was so into it that we went out and got one as a mutual anniversary gift to each other. I have like, zero dollars, but I just couldn't help myself. Last night was our first night with our very own Wii, and we played for hours. Our neighbors came over to play as well. I think I may have to say goodbye to the outside world at this point, because I haven't gotten this much cardio in a while and it's totally addicting. This is comedian Jo Koy's explanation of how his mom got really into Wii Sport. Hysterical:



FYI, here's what I look like now:


You can make your own at http://www.myavatareditor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment