Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Finds

Just a few things I've seen around:

I'm into these $20 Button Earrings from Plasticland. Nice and understated.

This $60 Shadow Print dress is also from Plasticland. I try not to buy things with too many patterns, especially if they are sleeveless, as my tattoos seem to make the whole look very busy, but this is simple even though it has a kind of random floral pattern.

Crocheted Kitty Hat from Shana Logic, $30. They've got other animals too, like panda bear, mouse, and regular old american brown bear. I think these are super cute for kids, but I don't know about adults. I mean, I get wanting to wear them because they are super cute. But is it cute for a 32 year old woman to wear them? Or is it sad? And how ridiculous will you feel wearing this when you get mad or frustrated. Can you see yourself yelling at a guy who cut you off or someone who bumped into you on the street? All of your anger will be for naught, and mean guy will get to roll on the floor laughing.

Nikki McClure at buyolympia.com
Nikki McClure is an amazing paper cut artist. All of these designs are based on her hand-cut artwork. Original pieces can cost up to $1500, but she has a variety of things for sale very cheaply at her buyolympia shop. Like this box with notecards, only$14


These journals are around $12:


Even the pages are beautiful
Don't Forget Chalkboard at Curiosity Shoppe, $40
Good to have near the front door.
I'm superstitious about fortune cookies. I love the whole idea of them, so not surprisingly I love this Sterling Silver Good Fortunes necklace, $60 The texture is very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment