Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gossip

If you were wondering if you should buy Gossip's new album, Music for Men, I'm here to tell you: YES.

If you haven't heard of them, you should first go out and get 2006's Standing in the Way of Control, an amazing album.

That album was powerful, fun, punk with amazing vocals by Beth Ditto. I saw them perform on their tour for this album. It had been a while since I'd seen a singer just totally floor the audience. Her voice is clear and beautiful, which is perfect for the disco record feel of the new album. She's an awesome performer, and I'm glad they are finally getting some serious recording money. Even though there are only three band members, these songs sound like so much more.


Music for Men is about love in a lot of different ways. Mostly about the ways it drives you crazy. A few love gone wrong songs, a few love is for everybody songs. I've had these songs in my head since I downloaded the album (legally, as in I actually paid for it, which as you know is a big deal for me!)

I've given you some of the tracks so you can hear what I'm talking about. The first three are from Standing in the Way of Control, and the second three are from the new album, Music for Men.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



Gossip's video for Heavy Cross is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment