Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wrath!





Next to sloth, wrath is the most interesting to write about.

Wrath is anger, but to the point of rage. It's usually about anger out of control.

Punishment in hell involves being dismembered alive, which is kind of wrathful in and of itself, but hey, Hell isn't above stooping to sinner's level, I guess.

Obviously vampire wrath has to do with blood lust. Sometimes demon-like vampires are just about anger out of control, but again, it's connected to the hunger more than the rage, so I don't know if wrath is a good vampire quality. At least, not one that seems to be laid upon the vampire characters most of the time. Sure, vamps in stories get rageful, but usually for the same reasons humans do, they just have the ability to tear people apart with their bare hands.

Spike, all wrathy

But then they eat, right? It's totally not wasteful.

30 Days of Night, which still scares me to think about.

Anyway, instead of focusing on the expression of wrath, I thought I'd show you a clip about wrath happening in the place I see it most, the freeway. This is Louis CK, amazing comedian, explaining how he dealt with a wrathful driver. His pronunciation of "baguettes" makes me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment