Thursday, September 16, 2010

Decision Time

I finally made a decision about my costume. I had grand plans for this Halloween, but I ended up having some real compromises to make. I'm so glad so many of you participated in the poll! I had hoped there would be a clear winner, but people seemed pretty divided over Hermoine, Cat Burglar, and Malificent. In the end, I had to make a choice that wouldn't cost too much, so I had to wonder what parts I could make myself with things at hand.

I just did my budget for the rest of the year and it doesn't look too hot. If I were to buy the Malificent duds and headdress, it would mean I couldn't go out and have Halloween cocktails. What good is a costume if you can't wear it out anywhere!? Hermoine was a close second, but for her I'd need a wig in addition to cape and the only thing I had to buy for the cat burglar costume was a face mask. So...without further ado, Cat Burglar, you are my costume!




In addition to this mask I just got, I will be wearing my old cat ears and tail from when I was 8, black jeans, a black turtleneck, with the accessories of rope, and a sack of diamonds. Very 60s cat burglar, very Pink Panthery. Perhaps M. will wear some other kind of thief costume, but given his resigned approach to the holiday, I think he may do the Dia de los Muertos skeleton thing again. Now that that's out of the way, my October seems more doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment