Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Italian Market

Finally went to the Italian Market today. I managed to get no Italy-related things. Instead, I got tacos at El Costeno, so far the best Mexican spot in the city. It's a tiny little place with a smattering of tables, but it was good and cheap and lovely. I then went to Fante's, a bakery supply store. Here's where I got excited! I bought some stuff:




The mini bundt pan will be used this Saturday when I make dessert for the break the fast dinner for Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement, involves 24 hours of fasting from Friday evening until Saturday evening. I am looking forward to the dinner, which will be more of a breakfast, with fishes and bagels and stuff. I, however, am not fasting. What I will be doing is making nice sweet tiny cakes with various drizzles and fruit. They will hopefully fit nicely nestled in the little square paper cups.


I also found sprinkles in the shape of bones and a lip-shaped cookie cutter. Something tells me vampire lips cookies will be part of my Halloween baking this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment