Thursday, August 12, 2010

Birthday Challenge

Ok, readers, it's a new day. It's another year. It's time I do my reassessment. Usually, on my birthday or the day before, I go to the beach and stare at the ocean and contemplate stuff. It's my alone time and my serene moment. When I was younger I would drive to the beach, but the past few years I lived close enough to walk.  Of course, Long Beach isn't exactly what I thought of as "the beach" but it was the ocean, and it served me just fine.


I'm on another side of the country now, and while there isn't a beach within walking distance, I did go to the Jersey shore on Tuesday. I walked out onto a pier and looked at the ocean. It's strange to just see vast ocean, no mountains, no craggy coastline. And I was with my husband and in-laws, so it's not exactly like I had time to do the sit and stare like I'm used to.


Lots of things have changed, that's for sure. Philadelphia is not like California at all! Even in the smallest ways, my life is different. I have to find a new job (that's taking some time). Come September I'm going to be really freaked out if I don't have any kind of job. It still feels like summer break, not unemployment. At least I have the Sweet Lady Shop. It fills me with joy and I keep selling things.


I have given myself a challenge this year. I did this when I first started this blog, and I want to do it again. I want to post every day. Even if it's just a sketch or a picture. One year. 365 posts. Is it possible? I tend to flail on these things, but damn, I'm 33 now. Time to grow up and...blog a lot? I don't know. I am basically giving myself a job, I guess. But 33 is such a random year to do something like this, that I find it appealing. Who has a complete record of their 33rd year?

I'm signing off, but I'll see you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment