Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sick Day

I woke up not feeling too well today. It's gloomy and rainy here, so I guess that works out, but I had big plans for today. I was going to go get my Pennsylvania drivers license, go grocery shopping, do errands, you know? But instead I'm inside feeling achy and blah. At least the lack of food in the house isn't a big deal, as I have no appetite. So I'm trolling the internet for stuff. First off, I found images from the next Harry Potter, and they are both exciting and lame:



Exciting because the Slytherin look all slythery, and Hermoine is looking amazing with bloody hands and a coat I desire intensely, but lame because they have obviously chosen to include the endless "Hermoine, Ron and Harry go camping" part of the book. I hated that part. Perhaps it will be shrunken into a neat 10 minutes? A gal can only hope.

I bought a little card that extends the capacity of the Nook, and even though it was $79 at Barnes & Noble, over at Amazon the exact same card (same company, everything) was $30. What the eff B&N? It's bad business! That part isn't interesting, though. You know how when you check out of Amazon, they give you these express checkout payphrases that I never even think of using? They are always random words strung together. Well this one caught my eye:



Over to Fail blog, which I never really go to because sometimes they are just assholes that make fun of people who are just business owners who grew up speaking a different language and thus don't have the best signage skills. But this...this was awesome. Initials Fail:

Those are mine and M's initials. And I remember feeling kind of bummed out that we couldn't use initials as our cake topper for the wedding because everyone would laugh. Ha! Still funny.


Now this next one is like a hilarious in-joke for me and the friends who attended my birthday dinner last year:

For those who weren't there, we went to a teppan place (I know, I love those places, right?) and since I was the birthday girl, the chef made a giant penis out of the fried rice, pointing directly at me, and then promptly sliced of the "head" and served it on my plate. This trend has apparently swept the country!I can't imagine complaining about such a thing. Especially if you actually ARE a prude. I mean, can you describe it to someone as part of your complaint? Because you'd be all "he made a THING out of RICE!" and nobody would understand you. Props to the person who made the sign, for giving Rice Dick its capitalization, honoring it, if you will. I'm due for a nap, soo..catchya tomorrow when I hopefully have better things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment