Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ex Libris

I have always wanted a way to mark my books as mine. Usually I don't mark them at all, but on occasion I have written my name on the inside. But while strolling through Etsy I came across a lot of cool personalized Ex Libris stamps. Ex Libris is a Latin phrase meaning "from books" meaning "from the books/Library of." When I saw the above stamp, I swooned. The picture doesn't even do it justice. A skeleton carrying a heavy load of books into infinity. Pretty much made for me, right? It was the last one! So I ordered it from AssPocket Productions. They custom make all kinds of stamps.

Now my books will be mine forever. They even sent me a little tiny 1 inch "thank you" stamp for free. Pretty damn cool. Book plates are cool, but you have to be kidding me if you think 8 book plates (the general amount that come in a pack) will be enough for my library. I needed something that would last for a long time and as I am cheap, I also needed something that I wouldn't have to keep buying. I like the idea so much I bought a personalized return address stamp as well from Zoopri, another Etsy shop.

Do you mark your library territory by writing your name in your books?

No comments:

Post a Comment