Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finds - Craftacular

Remember when the Finds was sometimes about information rather than just shopping stuff? I barely do. But here goes:

I love crafting and learning how to do things myself. Saves money, saves us from having to buy something new, saves us from having stuff everyone else has, and it channels my manic energy. Wanna know how to do stuff or what crafters have going on?

It's pretty clear that I'm a big Etsy fan. If you haven't already spent time there, go!

Craftzine.com is an excellent site for all kinds of crafty how-tos, videos, and podcasts. There's a definite emphasis on re-using and recycling via paint and super glue. I love these particular entries:


The How-To Cupcake Pedestal



Craft Kitsch to Cool


Hand-Painted Hardwood Floor



There's also Craftster.org

with its rainbow doodling embroidery and tons of forums to peruse

Craft Gossip

A blog about all the good G in the craft world


YouTube's Etsy channel is a great place for videos, including the How-Tuesday's Bleeding Vampire cupcakes vid!


Or Handmade Rubber Stamp 101, which is what helped me when I started making them.


Hell, if you are really up for wasting several days on the web, YouTube has an entire section called How To & Style. Think up something you want to do. Yep, there is probably a video here on how to do it.

So celebrate the coming fall season by shutting yourself away in your house and doing something crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment