Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good Day!



I had such a good birthday! Most birthdays are either uneventful, or I'm in Vegas, which is my favorite thing to do in general. This one was really nice, which I was surprised about, considering 32 is not exactly a milestone or anything. I started the day with breakfast at the Coffee Cup. Brande brought me an amazing arrangement with succulent cuttings and flowers from her nursery (Johnnye Merle's Gardens in Orange). Pretty sweet.


I had lunch with M., who got me flowers, of course.

For dinner, we met up with a few of my friends for teppan dinner at Tsunami in Huntington Beach. Excellent food there. Randomly, it was "Flat Broke Wednesdays," which means certain dishes are buy one get one free. Tons of food for about $20 a couple. I think everyone was pleased.

We got the obligatory fire volcano made from onions, and the game of "catch the shrimp in your mouth," which I was a good sport about.

Someone mentioned it was my birthday, so the chef got crafty and made a giant penis out of the fried rice pointed in direction. He then sprinkled sprouts for the pubic hair and cut off the head to serve it on my plate.
I don't know what to say about that...


Then some of us moseyed on over to the Red Room for just a couple of cocktails. It got packed very quickly since it was $1 PBR night. Seriously, it was like a discount birthday. I didn't drink PBRs though, because you know, I'm not 22.
Rachel came out and joined us too.

One of the most awesome things to happen at the Red Room recently (I haven't been in about a month, so it was new to me) is that the evil digital jukebox has a new sign! It reads: "NO REFUNDS. Bartender reserves the right to cancel any song at any time." I love it there!

Thanks to Facebook, I got a million "happy birthdays" which was so nice. Didn't get to see the meteor showers due to the marine layer, but I was on such a birthday high that I didn't mind. At least "marine layer" problems mean you live near the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment