Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

M. and I are taking part in this thing called the Sketchbook Project. Basically, you pay for a small Moleskin sketchbook at the Art House Co-Op website, you choose your theme based on a rather long list of themes, and you fill it with art. Once you send it back, it goes on a traveling tour across the country at galleries and museums. Your work will be digitized for all eternity AND will be in the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Art Library. We thought it would be a fun project for the two of us to do together, since mostly, our art styles are so different and our way of thinking about a topic is really different. We both work best within certain parameters (like themes and due dates), so we figured why the hell not?


For our book, we chose the theme: Make Mine a Double.




I'm already getting excited about filling it with twins, drinks, and blurry visions. I wonder what M. will do? It arrived today, and we have until January 15th to send it in, so we have a good amount of time to fill it up. If there are fun (or funny) things, I will post them here.


If you want to be part of the project, click the link at the top of the post!


In other news, M and I are going to visit some friends in Lancaster, PA this weekend. Actually, it's just one overnight, but yes, Lancaster,  home of the Amish. Our friends are not Amish (duh), but I have always been fascinated with the culture. And when I watched the documentary Devil's Playground, about the Amish practice of Rumspringa, I started to really look into their way of life. Anyway, even if I don't see one bonnet, it will be nice to visit some friends and have a sort of kind of vacation. We've been cooped up in this apartment for a few months now. I'm taking the camera, and will be documenting the good times. Maybe some pics will end up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment