Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

I started today off great, with a present! My favorite way, actually. M. got me the first season of Veronica Mars, because he knows me so well. And he gave me this awesome Valentine's day card:
I went to Best Buy because our digital camera is taking a dirt nap. It got a strawberry martini spilled on it the night before our wedding at the drunky party we threw at the Venetian. Technically, M spilled the drink on the camera. I think it is pretty awesome that it lasted over 8 months! The lens cover is automatic, and it would get stuck sometimes, but that was the only thing really wrong with it until recently, when it wouldn't write to the card and some pictures were much too blurry. So, off to replace her with a new Sony Cyber-Shot. Not my dream Canon EOS Rebel, but a nice in between. More megapixels, better zoom, and I can attach lenses and filters to this one, which makes it a great compromise between the tiny point and shoot and the cumbersome digital SLR. Waiting for the batteries to charge up is excruciating!!

We have old people plans this year, as we have the past few years. We're going to avoid the whole dinner reservation craziness and just have a nice dinner at home. Being together at home and enjoying it is really what a relationship is all about for me, so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

What else is new.....I saw Coraline yesterday with my friend Brande. I am so impressed by the stop-motion animation stuff. It looks absolutely amazing. Backgrounds are moving in a natural way behind the characters. I recommend it highly. Also, Coraline has the exact same hair I wanted when I was 15!

I asked my mom if I could dye my hair blue and she just wouldn't have it at all. This was totally my mental picture of what it would look like. But, alas, even if I did that, you probably wouldn't have been able to tell. My hair is dark brown. It was a stupid thing to argue over, but really, it's just hair. If I had the chance to do it over again, I probably would have done it without asking. I didn't figure out that little trick until late. She tried to be cool about it and bought me black hair dye as a consolation prize, at least.

Has anyone seen Dollhouse, the new Joss Whedon vehicle starring Eliza Dushku (aka Faith, aka the hottest woman in the world)? What do you think? We TiVo'd it and are going to watch it tonight.


P.S. Thanks to Tiny Heat for the shout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment