Monday, May 18, 2009

Indian Feast


I made quite the Indian dinner last night. It's been a while since I had a "project dinner." One that required time, effort, and planning. I decided I wanted to use the tandoori marinade we bought from Trader Joes a while back, so I bought some chicken. And I resurrected my chana punjabi which was sooo good a few months ago. But how to approximate some sort of naan bread? And I wanted another side as well, so I figured I'd try my luck at aloo gobi (cauliflower and potatoes). It's my favorite dish at the restaurant I frequent here in LB.

So, of course I did some internetting and found a treasure online!

I'm all about Manjula's Kitchen on YouTube and on her website. It's nice to not only read the recipe, but be able to see it being made, so I can avoid pitfalls and get some of the technique down.

Here's her recipe for Naan bread, which you can make with a pizza stone!



My naan didn't come out all that great (not soft enough), but I think that's probably my fault, not the recipe. I resolve to stock up on Trader Joe's frozen naan, which is really good.

Here's the one for Aloo Gobi, my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment